Everyone has their own opinion and here is mine.
I cannot understand why so many people are irritated with the ice water challenge.
*you're wasting water *you're just trying to bring attention to yourself *some people do it and don't donate *it's just stupid and I'm over it *why do you need to dump ice on your head? Just donate
I get those reasons but then don't they pretty much sum up EVERY fundraising event ever!
Seriously marathons, golf tournaments, dinners, parties etc.
Why do we need any of this to raise money? Why don't people just give and we won't have to waste time planning parties, dinners, beerfests, bunco, bingo, marathons, or tournaments?
It all brings awareness! And as humans we like to have fun!!
And for those who don't donate - how's that different than winning tickets to a fundraiser on a radio station or fb contest? They win tickets and get to participate but didn't buy their tickets so they didn't give. But what we hope is that it brings awareness and they give down the road. Or that they find something they become passionate about and give to that.
So please think about that before getting so upset. It's not worth getting so irritated about that you're wasting energy fighting against it. The fact is that like all other fundraisers it has brought awareness and donations in.
So now that I've said my peace, I'm out.
*drops mic
No comments:
Post a Comment